Effective as of January 24, 2014
Welcome to the Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. website. Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. ("Conatus") provides the use of the website and any programs, services, tools, materials, or information available through the website (collectively, the "Site") to you subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"). Your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all of Terms of Service, do not use the Site.
Conatus may modify Terms of Service at any time and in its sole discretion. Please review the Terms of Service regularly in connection with your use of the Site as any modifications will be effective at the time of posting on the Site. Conatus may also terminate, change or otherwise modify any aspect of the Site, or impose limits on features or restrict assess, in whole or in part, to the Site at any time and in its sole discretion without notice or liability. Conatus may terminate any authorizations, rights, and licenses provided herein, and upon such termination, you shall immediately destroy all materials obtained from the Site.
- License. The Site is provided by Conatus and the Terms of Service provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable license to use the Site. Under the Terms of Service, you are permitted to use and access the materials on the Site, provided that (i) you must retain all copyright and other proprietary or applicable notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials, (ii) you may not modify the materials in any way or produce, publicly display, perform, distribute, transmits, or create derivative works from any of the materials on the Site, and (iii) and you may not transfer the materials of the Site to any other person unless you give them notice of, and they agree to accept, the Terms of Service.
- Restrictions. The license provided by the Terms of Service is limited. You may not use, copy, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, display, rent, lease, sell, modify, alter, license, sublicense, or commercially exploit any data provided by Conatus through the Site in any manner not expressly permitted by the Terms of Service. In addition, you may not modify, translate, decompile, create any derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein the Site. Moreover, you may not (i) use any automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site, (ii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, (iii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site, (iv) reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other visitor to the Site, (v) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or Conatus' systems or networks or any systems or networks connected to the Site, (vi) use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction conducted on the Site, or with any other person's use of the Site, (vii) forge headers, impersonate a person, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Conatus on or through the Site, (viii) use the Site to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information, or (ix) use the Site in an unlawful manner or in a manner that could damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact Conatus.
- Obligations. By using the Site in order to view our information and materials or submit information of any kind, you represent that you are at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Site, including, without limitation, when you provide information via a Site registration or submission form. If you provide any false, inaccurate, untrue, or incomplete information, Conatus reserves the right to terminate immediately your access to and use of the Site. In addition, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site. You shall not export the Site (or access thereto) without complying with such laws, orders, restrictions, or regulations. In addition, you also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to or transmissions or communications with the Site is solely at your own risk. While Conatus has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, you should understand that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site over the Internet or other form of global communication network cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Conatus is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site.
- Proprietary Rights. Under the Terms of Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Conatus transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title to you or anyone else. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel," and arrangement of any content contained on or available through the Site, unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by Conatus and its successors and assigns and are protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. Except as expressly provided herein, Conatus does not grant any express or implied right to you or any other person under any intellectual or proprietary rights. Accordingly, your unauthorized use of the Site may violate intellectual property or other proprietary rights laws as well as other laws, regulations, and statutes. Please be aware that Conatus does enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law and, in particular and without limitation, with respect to illegal use of terms confusingly similar to any of Conatus' trademarks. Conatus also owns a copyright in the contents of the Site as collective work and/or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content of the Site. Any downloadable or printable programs, directories, databases, information, or materials available through the Site and all copyrights, trade secrets, and know-how related thereto, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Conatus. Conatus Pharmaceuticals, the Conatus logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Conatus and its programs, products, and services are proprietary trademarks of Conatus, and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names, without the express written permission of Conatus is strictly prohibited. Other service and entity names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
- Submissions and Feedback. Conatus welcomes your feedback and suggestions about Conatus or the Site. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, "feedback") to Conatus, you represent and warrant that such feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that you have all rights necessary to convey to Conatus and enable Conatus to use such feedback. In addition, any feedback received through the Site will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for Conatus to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and you hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
- Third Party Linking. Conatus may provide links, at its sole discretion, to other websites for your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Conatus and are maintained by third parties over which Conatus exercises no control. Accordingly, Conatus expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, or acceptance with respect to any third party, any information, or any website or the products or services provided by any third party. All links to the Site must be approved in writing by Conatus; however, Conatus consents to links limited to those in which (i) the link is a text-only linking containing the name "Conatus" or "Conatus Pharmaceuticals"; (ii) the link redirects the user to only www.conatuspharma.com; (iii) the appearance, position, and other aspects of the link does not (a) present false information about Conatus, (b) damage or dilute the goodwill of Conatus or its marks, or (c) create a false appearance of sponsorship or endorsement; and (iv) no Conatus logo or trademark is used or appears.
- Disclaimer. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, AND OTHER MATERIALS IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CONATUS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. CONATUS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE OR ANY SITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR (I) ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, (III) INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSIONS TO OR FROM THE SITE, (IV) BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, SPYWARE, OR ANY OTHER MALWARE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, (V) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY INFORMATION, AND/OR (VI) LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCORRECT AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONATUS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING UNDER OR AS A RESULT OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE USE OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANT, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CONATUS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- Governing Law. The Terms of Service has been made in and will be construed and enforced solely in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of California, as applied to agreement entered into and completely performed in the State of California. Conatus makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States of America. By using the Site, you expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the state and federal courts of San Diego County, California, USA in any actions, claims, disputes, or controversies.
This website contains forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this website, including statements regarding our future results of operations and financial position, business strategy, prospective products, product approvals, research and development costs, timing and likelihood of success, plans and objectives of management for future operations, and future results of current and anticipated products are forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Known risks and uncertainties are described in detail in our filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. Because forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, some of which cannot be predicted or quantified and some of which are beyond our control, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. The events and circumstances reflected in our forward-looking statements may not be achieved or occur and actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, which is made under the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and we undertake no obligation to revise or update this website to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.